Adare Desmond Castle Tours
The Desmond Castle is located on the edge of the village of Adare, just off the N21 on the main Limerick to Kerry road.
The castle was erected with an ancient ring-fort around the early part of the 13th century. It became a strategic fortress during the following turbulent years. It was the property of the Earls of Kildare for nearly 300 years until the rebellion in 1536, when it was forfeited and granted to the Earls of Desmond who gave the castle its present name.
Tours of the 13th century Norman Castle operate daily from June to the end of September by shuttle bus from the Heritage Centre on the main street.
Groups may be accommodated outside of these months on request.
Tickets are available to book online via PayPal by clicking on the button below, or from the main reception desk at the Adare Heritage Centre.
Please note that tours are conducted through English.
Multilingual options are available by request, but booking is essential.
Tel: +353 (0) 61 396666